We all know we should exercise. but for some reason it’s really hard to make it a regular part of life. Of course, we all know it’s important it you’re trying to lose weight, and most of us also know that exercise is generally good- in a vague sort of way. Is that enough to get us off our butts and start moving? Besides weight loss, there are so many other real benefits to regular exercise, and knowing what they are can be what gets you started! Here’s the great stuff exercise does for you:
- It helps control your weight: Okay, so everyone knows about this one, but it’s a biggie! Besides burning calories, exercise builds muscle and boosts metabolism.
- It makes you happy: Oh, I know the idea of changing into workout clothes and sweating might not make you happy, but actually exercising is one of the best mood boosters out there. It helps your brain release happy hormones, and it’s worth knowing that exercise is a great way to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
- It helps prevent disease: Exercise is an important component to overall wellness. Regular exercise can help prevent lots of diseases like heart disease, stroke, certain cancers, and more.
- It makes you productive: Exercising pumps you with a boost of energy and creativity.
- It helps you sleep better: If you have sleep troubles, try exercise. Getting enough sleep is important for productivity, controlling your weight, and overall good health- see how it’s all interconnected?
- It boosts brain function: Exercising helps circulation, and when your brain gets enough oxygen it functions better.
- It improves self confidence: Working your body empowers you. You’ll also be surprised by what exercise does for your body image!
- It helps keep you sharp: Older people who exercise have better cognitive function. Exercise may help prevent memory loss.
- It can be social: Many forms of exercise are done with others- like sports, classes, and walking with a partner- which is good for you, too.
Ready, to get started? Try to get at least 30 minutes three times a week and you’ll quickly see the benefits!