Did you get my cute little pun there? Perks… coffee? Does the smell and taste of coffee to make you feel good in so many ways? I can’t imagine starting my day without it, and coffee is my go-to when I need a little boost or some soothing. Who knew it was good for me, too? If you’re a fellow coffee lover you’ll be happy to read about these 9 health perks of coffee!
- Antioxidants. Antioxidants keep your cells healthy and prevent many illnesses, and coffee is rich in them!
- Positive effect on memory. Coffee helps with memory and may decrease your chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Increases energy. It’s the ultimate pick-me-up and it increases your endurance, too.
- Keeps you regular. Coffee stimulates your bowels.
- Helps burn fat. And boosts your metabolism.
- Helps with Parkinson’s disease. Coffee may help in prevention, and with people who have Parkinson’s, coffee can help ease movement.
- Protects your liver.
- May prevent diabetes.
- Makes you happy. Studies show that even the smell of coffee can boost your mood, and drinking it may decrease your risk for depression.
I could get into all the science of these benefits, but why bother with that? Go get a large cup, hot or iced, and enjoy it, knowing you’re doing something good for yourself!