“An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Whoever came up with that so many years ago probably never even knew just how true it might actually be. It turns out that eating apples has a load of health benefits, and that’s great news because apples are: a) available pretty much all year round, b) very affordable, and c) delicious! Even though you can get apples at the store throughout the year, fall is peak apple season, where they’re most delicious and most available, so get your fill of apples now! Settle in with a sweet and crunchy apple and read all about its incredible health benefits.
- Antioxidant rich. Antioxidants do great things for your health overall, especially your immune system, so eat those apples and ward off winter colds.
- Apples have lots of fiber. Apples are one of the most fiber-rich fruits.
- High in iron. Getting enough iron helps prevent anemia.
- Good for your teeth. Biting and chewing an apple cleans your teeth and helps prevent bacteria from entering your body.
- Eating apples may lower your risk of stroke.
- Improved lung function. Helps prevent lung cancer and lowers risk for asthma.
- Apples naturally detox the liver.
- Controlling your weight. Apples can help boost your metabolism, and all that satisfying fiber helps prevent overeating and snacking.
- Brain health. The components in apples help with memory and may work to prevent dementia.
- Prevent cancer. Compounds in apples can help prevent various cancers.
- Reduce cholesterol. Lower cholesterol improves your health in so many ways,
- Decrease risk of diabetes. People who eat apples are less likely to have diabetes. Eating apples also helps keep your blood sugar even.
- Helps fix diarrhea and constipation.
Isn’t is nice when something that’s so good for you is actually something you already love to eat? Now you know what you need to do: and apple a day…