Do you think you need expensive creams to have gorgeous, healthy skin? It is important to have a good skincare routine, but you can get good products at all price points. If you want great skin it’s also important to eat right, and we can all do that! Here are some of the foods that keep your skin healthy and looking great:
- Water. Water is important for everything! And it does so much for your skin: it 1) hydrates, preventing lines and wrinkles, 2) helps your skin absorb nutrients and get rid of toxins, and 3) helps with blood flow, which is what gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Olive oil. The monounsaturated fats and antioxidants work to slow aging.
- Tomatoes. The lycopene in tomatoes helps protect your skin against sun damage.
- Salmon and sardines. Fatty fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which act as a powerful anti-inflammatory and help prevent acne.
- Kale. Kale has components that help neutralize free radicals, plus vitamins A and C, which help firm skin.
- Pomegranate. Pomegranate has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Walnuts. The fat in walnuts have an element that moisturize skin.
- Green tea. Drinking green tea can protect your skin from sun damage, promote elasticity and smoothness, and boost blood flow and oxygen.
- Dark chocolate. Treat yourself, because dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants that promote smooth skin.
- Oatmeal. And other whole grains that keep your blood sugar stable. Stable blood sugar prevents high levels of hormones that cause wrinkles.
- Dairy. The type of protein in dairy helps firm skin.
- Carrots. The vitamin A in carrots takes care of the outer surface of the skin, preventing clogged pores and wrinkles. And it helps reduce the development of cancer cells.
The good news is that none of these foods are weird, exotic, or too expensive. Make them part of your regular diet and wait for the compliments on how fabulous your skin is looking!