I’m definitely not one of those people that bounce out of bed in the morning, wide awake and ready to start the day. Far from it! In a perfect world I’d never get up earlier than 10 AM and I’d start my day with a leisurely cup of coffee and some Instagram. But, alas, that’s not my reality and I’ve got to jump-start my mornings no matter how tired and groggy I am, and that’s not pleasant. I figured there has to be a better way, and I’ve made up my mind to try these smart morning hacks to help get my day started.
- Don’t hit the snooze button. If you just can’t help yourself keep the clock where you can’t reach it from your bed so you’ll have to get up to shut it off.
- Exercise. It doesn’t have to be a heavy-duty, long workout; whatever you can manage is fine. Exercise in the morning will boost your metabolism and energy for the day.
- Wake up to natural light. Open the shades so your brain knows it’s morning.
- Smile. Believe me, I know how hard it is to smile in the morning! Do it anyway, even if you have to fake it. Smiling releases endorphins- the hormones that make you happy, and smiling will give you a positive start to the day.
- Prepare what you need the night before. Plan your outfit, pack your lunch, and do anything you can to make it easier for you to get ready in the morning.
- Make your bed. A neat room really makes a difference and makes you more motivated to start your day.
- Make a to-do list. If you know what you have going on you can plan your day and be organized.
- Eat a nutritious breakfast. Make sure to eat protein and healthy fat to power your brain and your body.
- Have a routine. Following a routine helps things run smoothly, but be flexible.
- Prepare your daily dose. Fill a weekly pill box with your vitamins and medications for each day to save time in the morning.
- Don’t look at your phone. Stay away from your phone until you’re all dressed to avoid distractions.
- Give yourself enough time. Know how much time you need for everything you have to do in the morning, including showering, dressing, and travel, so you won’t feel rushed or stressed.
Want to have smoother mornings? Try these hacks and have a great day!