Are you the type who likes routine? Are you a little afraid of doing anything new, or even doing the same things, but a little differently? I totally get it- I mean, same is safe, right? But come on- admit it- same does get a little boring after a while. You know it does, even if you’re the play-it-safe type. And besides the excitement of shaking things up a little bit, there are so many other benefits to trying new things. Here are a dozen reasons to try something new, even if it scares you!
- You’ll build confidence. Go outside your comfort zone and you’ll probably be very surprised at how well the experience worked out. You’ll be proud of yourself and less nervous to do it next time.
- You’ll get new perspective. Doing new things allows you to see things in a different way, even things that you were already familiar with.
- You’ll learn about yourself. It’s the only way to find new things that you like: activities, foods, experiences.
- It’s stimulating. New is exciting! And trying new things is a great way to stimulate your brain, helping to keep it young and healthy.
- You’ll add new benefits to your life. Trying new things can open doors for you and pave the way for new new opportunities
- You’ll grow. We are meant to grow all through our lives, and trying new things is a good way to make that happen.
- You’ll learn new things. That’s always good.
- You won’t have regrets. If you try something new you’ll never regret not having tried it.
- It makes you more interesting.
- You will see the rewards. Taking a risk almost always results in rewards that are very satisfying.
- You’ll inspire others. Having others see you try new things imparts a valuable lesson, especially if you have kids.
- You’ll learn to survive failure. So what if you tried something and it didn’t work out so well? You’ll see it’s not the end of the world, and you won’t hold yourself back the next time.
So go for a little adventure in your life. You can always go back to the things that are familiar, but you’ll gain so much from trying something new once in a while!