Why is it that when you have a huge zit on your face everyone feels it necessary to point it out to you? As if you hadn’t noticed it yourself. Wouldn’t it be great if you could just wish it away? Maybe one day, but right now wishing won’t do you any good. But you’ll be happy to know that there are some things you can do to make it go away fast! Next time you’re plagued with a nasty pimple, try some of these interesting methods to zap a zit.
- Lemon juice: Dab some lemon juice directly on the blemish to help it dry out faster.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil’s antibacterial properties will help kill the bacteria that caused the zit in the first place.
- Toothpaste: Sounds crazy, but it works! Dab a little toothpaste on it to help dry it out. Use regular white toothpaste- not gel.
- Honey: Honey also acts as an antibacterial, so dab some on and leave it for about 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Do this a few times a day to speed healing time.
- Papaya: The enzymes in papaya do the work for you. Apply papaya juice, leave for 10-15 minutes, rinse.
- Cucumber: Place cucumber slices on the pimple. This is also soothing.
- Eye drops: Use the kind for red eyes to help clear a pimple.
- Garlic: Cut a clove in half and rub onto the zit. Tolerate the smell for 5 minutes and rinse.
- Purell: The alcohol will dry it out.
- Apple cider vinegar: Make a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, apply, and leave on for 15 minutes. Do this a few times a day.
- Sea salt: Stir 1 teaspoon sea salt into 2 teaspoons of water. Apply salt water with a Q-tip and do not rinse.
Some of these sound kind of crazy, but they do work!