There’s something thrilling about writing with chalk- in a classroom on a chalkboard or creating art with sidewalk chalk. Everybody knows that! What you might not know is that you can use chalk for other things, too. Yup, it surprised me and I’m excited to share it with you.
- Keep your closet fresh: Chalk absorbs moisture really well, so keeping some in your closet will help prevent mildew.
- Prevent rust: For the same reason, keep a stick of chalk in your toolbox to prevent rusting.
- Remove grease stains: Rub on clothing, let it sit 10 minutes, and wash. I would stick to only white chalk for this.
- Cleaning ring around the collar: Follow the same instructions as above. White chalk here, too.
- Repel ants: Draw a line that the ants won’t cross.
- Deodorize the hamper: Place a piece of chalk in the bottom of the hamper to absorb odors. Replace it once a month.
- Prevent silver from tarnishing: Keep a piece where you store your silver.
- Prevent screw from slipping: Rub chalk on the head of a flat head screwdriver.
- Fix a sticky lock: Rub chalk on the key and stick it in and out of the lock a few times.
A box of chalk is pretty cheap, but look how useful it is!