Who else is a huge fan of mascara! I love the way a quick coat of mascara can instantly open your eyes and glam you up. Apply a couple of coats to take it to the next level, but even a little bit really goes a long way. Okay, so we know mascara is a great thing, but who knew a mascara wand is a marvel in its own right? Turns out there are lots of great things a mascara wand can do for you- besides the obvious, obviously! I bet you can buy dry mascara wands in a beauty supply store, but you can just as easily clean one when you’re done with a tube of mascara (and that’s free!). Just wash in soap and warm water and let dry. You can even clean it with hand sanitizer.
- Groom eyebrows: Messy eyebrows ruin your look, and the tiny bristles of a mascara wand are perfect for grabbing those small hairs. For extra hold, spray the wand with some hairspray before you comb.
- Tame flyaways: Spray the wand with hairspray and flatten down flyaways and messy baby hairs.
- Create nail art: Dip the wand in nail polish to create interesting textures for nail art.
- Root touch-up: What a fabulous home hair color hack! Using a mascara wand gives you control over the areas you need to reach for a root touch-up.
- Separate lashes: Keep a dry mascara wand that you use for separating and de-clumping (is that a word?) your eyelashes after applying mascara.
- Have the perfect mascara: We’ve all been there: the mascara you love has a brush you’re not crazy about, or you found a mascara with the perfect brush but you don’t love the formula. Just swap out the brushes and you have the mascara you love with the brush you love, too!
- Household cleaning: They’re great for reaching small spaces.
- Clean jewelry: Another chore where those tiny bristles come in handy!