Got some holiday parties coming up? You’ll want to look your best- maybe even glam it up a bit. I bet you think you’ll have to splurge on some cosmetics and other beauty products- did you know that the markup is something like a gazillion per cent? Don’t fall into that trap! Here are some fabulous beauty products you can snag for just a few bucks!
1. Wet n Wild Color Icon Kohl Liner Pencil: This eyeliner goes on smoothly and lasts for 12 hours, which means no touch-ups during a party! It comes in a variety of colors so you’ll find the perfect one for any look. Oh- and it’s just $1.00!
2. Vaseline: Vaseline is the all-purpose beauty product that you can get pretty much anywhere. The price will vary depending on what size package you get, buy it’s never more than a few dollars and it will last a long time. Use it as a makeup remover and moisturizer for lips and any dry areas. And it’s ideal for sensitive skin.
3. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm: If you’re going for a subtle look this is perfect. Moisturize your lips with a soft, sheer tint. Each one costs about $7, so it’s okay to buy more than one if you can’t decide on a color!
4. Baby Powder: We all know about the wonders of dry shampoo, but there’s no need to splurge on that because Johnson’s Baby Powder works just as well. Spent money on a salon blow-out? Make it last longer by sprinkling on and combing out baby powder to absorb oiliness.
5. Hairspray: Don’t you just hate it when your eyebrows go nuts and do their own thing? Spray some hairspray on an old toothbrush and tame your eyebrows into place. They’ll stay put for hours.
6. Fake Eyelashes: You can buy a kit for just a few dollars in the drugstore, and this is the easiest shortcut to glam if you know the tricks. First, curl your own lashes so that they’ll all blend better. Use a Q-tip to apply the glue evenly, apply the lashes as close to your own lash line as possible for the most natural look, and wait a minute for them to dry before using mascara.
7. e.l.f. Matte Lip Color: This goes on smoothly, lasts for hours, and moisturizes. Not bad for $3.00!
8. L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: This richly pigmented eye shadow adds instant drama and can last as long as 24 hours- and it’s only about $8.
9. Instant Lip Plumper: Don’t spend the money on another product; dab some sparkly eye shadow in the center of your lips makes them appear fuller.
10. Baby shampoo: Johnson’s No More Tears baby shampoo is so much cheaper than makeup remover and does the same work. Also great for cleaning makeup brushes.