Toothpaste. It’s a household staple we all use every day without thinking too much about it. You need it to brush your teeth and keep them clean and healthy. But did you know that a tube of toothpaste can do so much more? Check out our top 11 surprising uses for toothpaste:
- Relieve insect bites. Dab some toothpaste on itchy insect bites for relief and to reduce swelling.
- Help heal blisters. Apply toothpaste to a blister- it will dry it out and help it to heal faster.
- Eliminate furniture rings. Rub on some toothpaste with a soft cloth and wipe dry.
- Defog goggles. Foggy goggles are annoying and dangerous, and treating them can help prevent fogging. Coat with toothpaste and wipe off.
- Soothe a minor burn. The toothpaste will cool it off. Do this only on burns where the skin is not open and oozing.
- Get rid of a zit. Dab a dot of toothpaste on a pimple and leave it overnight to get rid of it faster.
- Freshen hands. Scrub your hands with toothpaste to remove garlic, onion, and fish odors.
- Remove scuffs from leather shoes. Dab and rub with a soft cloth. You can also try this on leather bags and jackets.
- Clean crayon from walls. If your kids decorate your walls without your permission, squirt with toothpaste, scrub, and rinse with water
- Clean your sink. It’s handy right there, anyway, so you might as well try this. Scrub the sink to get it clean and fresh.
- Remove dye stains. If you get hair color on your face or hands, scrub stains away with some toothpaste.
Pretty amazing! And a pretty great bargain, too, if you think about it. A tube of toothpaste costs just a few dollars, and look at all it can do for you!